Our first day in Beijing. After we got through the airport, Lauren, Phi, Robert, Teddy, and I hopped on the airport express train and headed towards the subway. When we got to our subway stop, I realized I didn’t have any cash to buy the ticket for the next leg of our trip to the hostel so I decided that I would run up to the street and take a look around for an ATM. As I was walking up the last stairs, I couldn’t help but wonder what I would encounter as soon as I got out into the open. Before I had time to even process what I was seeing, an Indian woman asked me for directions. I had been in the city for less than an hour and she came straight to me amidst the waves of Chinese people to ask where the subway was, in English. Since I had just come from there I was able to help her but it made me realize just how much we are going to stick out here. It’s hard to believe that we’re actually in China now but Beijing is very intriguing and we are going to explore further tomorrow.
- Rob
No comments:
Post a Comment