Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Asia: Our first attempt at bringing it all together

Wednesday was our last real class session both here in Asia and in the M.S. Commerce program. It is incredible to think these five weeks have gone by so fast. Today, we had a great session where we really tried to bring together all we have learned in China. I think we are all still a bit overwhelmed by all we have seen here in China, so I’m not sure we came up with any profound conclusions. In fact the phrase “drinking from a fire hose” comes to mind.

We did have a great speaker and facilitator to help guide us through our reactions to China, T.L. Tsim. The depth of his knowledge about China was impressive; he would field a question on the future of China’s political stability and then turn around to give a detailed response to a question about the impact of capital controls in China. Mr. Tsim certainly provided us some key points about China that will help all of us decode all that we have experienced here. For me, I imagine it may take a few weeks just to organize all of what I have experienced.

The afternoon was pretty much taken up with completing our final exam. Thursday we have the day free to do any last bit of exploring and prepare our retrospectives for our Global Beer Industry projects which we will be presenting on Friday.

~Teddy Wolynec

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter