Anyway, I would argue that about 67.4% of the time, everyone in the group eats at this place across the dorms called "Chilli Milli". Its a healthy salad/sandwich place thats a great value for what we pay. A sandwich (or two salads) will cost about 60 Danish Kroner, which ends up being about $11 USD. Not bad really, its good, healthy and very filling.
Although when you compare this to the other prices in other restaurants it makes a lot of sense why we are all pretty addicted to this place...
A chocolate croissant and a shot of expresso in the morning will cost 45 DKroner (apx $8USD!). A beer at a bar will cost the same...
According to the LPlanet guides, a cheap place to eat will be about 100 - 150 DKroner (apx $20 - $30 USD) And thats supposed to be a budget place to eat...
At the same time, you can always hit the street stands for a Donner Kebab or a HotDog that will cost about 30DKroner ($6USD). They're not the healthiest option, but they'll get the job done.
I hope that with these price comparisons, you can see why we all love Chilli Milli and eat there every day and sometimes even twice a day!
Although, I've always felt that part of the traveling experience is the food. And even though we all know the CMilli woman who serves us (Ursula) and gives us free drinks every once in a while, Im going to make a commitment to find new spots and interesting dishes even if I need to pay $10 usd more every once in a while.
Only a few minutes away from us, we apparently have some really good Tapas restaurants, sushi restaurants, local smorebreads shops, and even a Mexican restaurant (which I will avoid at all costs...)
In Brussels, a few of us (Hogan, Brandon, Glover, J.K) went to this great French restaurant that made our night -- Glover got the best plate, which was made of really simple ingredients. Ask her to share some more, and M. Brandon got a lavender aperitif that made her weak. We all had to get one of those too. J.Hogan looked great drinking purple Kir from a champagne glass.
Next time, I hope to be sharing some stories about interesting food in Copenhagen.
~Beto Llaguno
No comments:
Post a Comment